You. Guys. I miss cereal so much with my whole heart. I love it. The problem is when I have cereal, I have like 5 bowls not 1. So whilst I preach the moderation wagon, this is one treat I actually really cannot indulge in. At least not Rice Crispies (my weakness). Except for when I am in the hospital recovering from having a child, Rice Krispies on Rice Krispies on Rice Krispies!
So when I came across this recipe I was beyond intrigued. Made a few modifications and arrived at Keto Krispies. YUMMMM!
3 cups coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1/4 of water
1 cup hemp seeds
2 teaspoons of Xyla (could use stevia or something else or maple syrup if not concerned with sugars)
2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons melted ghee (or pasture butter or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line Cookie sheet with with parchment paper.
- Melt ghee in a sauce pan over low
- In a large bowl, add water along with cinnamon, salt, vanilla and xyla. Whisk until dry ingredients are dissolved. Add ghee. Add coconut flakes and stir well until flakes are evenly coated. Be sure flakes are not sticking together. Taste for sweetness. Add more sweetener if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and carefully stir. Bake for 15 minutes. Keep repeating process until golden brown and krispy, but KEEP an eye out. Mine burned. But I still LOVE IT.
- Pour some with a little coconut milk, raw milk, heavy cream whatever. You really do not need a lot of liquid, it absorbs it like crazy! ENJOY!
#butterbooty Burger Lounge Giveaway
So, the #butterbooty challenge is rocking my world. You all are so awesome and inspiring, and also, totally kicking your own donks which is fun for me. One thing I want to share over this 12 week challenge is that eating can be enjoyable. You do not have to be a crazy person, and you should indulge here and there. That said, if you have not discovered Burger Lounge or do not have one near you, I sincerely apologize. Like, from the bottom of my heart apologize.
Burger Lounge is one of my favorite places to go out to eat at on the entire planet! Simply because it is beyond delicious, and I can get a wholesome, humanely raised, paleoish/primal/keto meal anytime I would like. AND hubs is obsessed. And is Wubbas. So it’s like a “healthy” restaurant my hubs can enjoy, too. NOT always the case.
Their beef is grass-fed, their turkey is free-range, they use local produce and based their restaurant truly on the real food movement. What is NOT to love? I can go and get an amazing lettuce wrapped Turkey burger with pickles, and hubs can get fries, a shake, whatever and enjoy his life. Heaven for us both.
Anyhooters, my friends at Burger Lounge are giving away two $20 gift cards, to be selected at random with a #butterbooty Instagram check-in:
1. Post a photo of you doing something amazing for yourself be it completing a #butterbooty workout, eating something delightful (and a touch healthy), walking, resting, whatever and tag @eatcleanpissglitter + @burgerlounge + #butterbooty.
2. Winner will be selected at random on Friday at 7pm PST.
Alright #butterbooty lovers? Get after it!
x to the ohhhh, Whitters
PS If you have not joined our Facebook group and want in on the challenge, DO IT! Never too late to work on that donk.