Coconut oil = Blessed Earth’s gift to my life.
Here are just a few ways I use coconut oil.
- Eye makeup remover
- Oil pulling
- Lip balm
- Unmentionable to be explained below
1. Cooking. I cook most of my dishes with coconut oil, in a cast iron skillet. I do not use Teflon, my hubs does, we still argue over it. If a recipe calls for oil in baking I almost 99.9% of the time swap it for coconut oil. Why? It does not become a trans fatty acid when it is heated, and adds a nice flavor in my opinion.
2. Eye makeup remover. I keep a little jar in my bathroom to take off my eye makeup after I wash thee face.
3. Oil pulling. AT first I was a nay-sayer. Then I did this for a week and absolutely saw a difference in my teeth! Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial so it is great to remove toxins from your mouth, which hosts a lottttt of yummy germs. How to? Take a teaspoon (preferably soft or melted) swish it around for 15-20 minutes. SPIT in a trash can, not your pipes or it will harden them pipes.
4. Lip balm/eye balm/Lotion. I dab this on my lips and under my eyes, on my arms every time I use it. Moistens and delights. (Next photo gonna make you wanna sing, heyyyy girl you make me wanna write a sonngggg.)
5. Natural Deodorant. Home slice say whaaa? Okay I have read and researched a ton about the harmful effects of deodorants. (One post I read linked breast cancer to deodorant ingredients. I hate fear based stuff, buttttt I mean, shit the stuff goes on your pits every day and your pits are host to very important glands ie. hormones in your body. So Why not use NON toxic deodorant.) Most deodorants contain aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex aluminum chlorohdrate or aluminum zirconium which are considered to be carcinogenic (cancer-causing). Aluminum is toxic and there are concerns about it affecting development and reproductivity. It also affects the nerves and nervous system.
I know but does it work? Sort of. I’ve been dabbing coconut oil on my pits for the past month and I have to say I am impressed. I get a little stinks on really hot, long days of working. But not terrible. And either people are too kind (including my hubs) but I’ve heard no commentary on my stench. I still wear perfume though… which I know is probably too toxic, but pick your battles eh? Also, you should know I have tried EVERY eco / safe / natural deodorant on the planet and they all come with a little stink in your pit.
MOM I NEED YOU TO STOP READING AT THIS POINT….
NO REALLY STOP.
Okay Mom, I know you are the most curious George on the block so here’s a dose of TMI for you. The last way I use coconut oil is for lube. Chhherrp. There it is in all of its glory. I really went back and forth on sharing this tidbit, but I think women should know. Particularly if you’ve experienced hormonal stuff that dries you up and sinks your heart. Or if you are trying to get preggers. Those boys need to swim fast upstream, if you are dry as dirt, they are not going to reach the promise land. Coconut oil = baby making.
I 100% believe if I had not discovered coconut oil as a natural lubricant, Wubbas would not be here today due to my PCOS and crap. Sorry mom. Now you know.
x to the Ohhh Whitters